English for beginners
Our General English course is a semi-intensive programme that allows you to balance classroom tuition with structured study and free time activities. You will improve your English language ability at a speed you feel comfortable with, while having time to enjoy your destination.
This course is available at all levels from Elementary to Advanced and you will be placed in a class which is suitable for your level.
The course focuses on the four main aspects of language: reading, writing, listening and speaking. You’ll also learn vocabulary and grammar, and how to speak in formal and informal discussions and strategies.
English in beginners’ level is intended to provide students with the fundamentals of the language and a foundation for advancing through the next required levels of English proficiency. The Course is designed to enable students to develop their competence in reading, writing, speaking, listening and grammar for academic and professional purposes. The students will be encouraged to acquire skills and strategies for using language appropriately and effectively in various situations. The approach at all times will be communicative and interactive involving individual, pair and group work.
- Understand basic everyday expressions and short, simple texts.
- Engage in simple oral and written communication in order to provide and obtain information.
- Construct very basic and simple sentences.
- Demonstrate essential grammatical features and functions including questions and negatives, plural nouns, frequency adverbs, possessives, pronouns and determiners.
- Use simple forms of polite expressions to establish basic social contact and to perform everyday functions including making requests and offers, conducting simple telephonic conversations, forming and responding to simple questions.
- Construct short guided paragraph on a familiar topics like home, family, and friends.
- Student performance will be based on examinations in comprehension and usage, writing, speaking and continuous assessment.
- Punctuation and sentence construction including questions and statements
- Common sentence structures
- Short speaking sessions
- Grammar and vocabulary quizzes
- Paragraph writing
- Reading comprehension tasks
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
English is one of the most influential languages and this level is for those who hardly speak English and wish to enhance their command of English.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes