Master in Finance
Lincoln University College is one of the premier private institutions of higher education approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Malaysian Qualifying Agency (MQA- National Accreditation Board) and Recognized by Ministry of Education, UAE. Excellist Learning Centre, Ajman, is approved Study Centre to offer on-campus classes and conduct LUC exams.
The founders and administrators of LINCOLN are true academicians who are committed to helping the students to achieve their potential in the education, research and employment world of this exciting new millennium. They bring together almost fifty years of higher education, post-secondary education and language teaching experience. Their backgrounds include teaching, research and professional training. LINCOLN focus is student centered and student-directed. Our philosophy is that everyone has a claim to education in order to better their life, advance their career and reach their desired level of personal success.
About the Course
The Master in Finance is a well-balanced program designed to impart knowledge in finance along with specialization in Economics for Finance and Investment Analysis, Corporate Finance, Financial Planning & Wealth Management, Financial Statement Analysis etc. The finance courses cover a comprehensive range of topics to develop skills and knowledge in applying financial principles to complex financial transactions. The students will be equipped with fundamental knowledge related to the legal aspects of finance along with the strategies of financial management to compete head on with the global workforce. The all-inclusive broad based training in independent thinking, research and development, business planning and development, advocacy, technology deployment, manufacturing, societal aspects, and nation building would give LUC students a considerable edge in adjusting to the new economy within their future workplace.
The primary objective is to ensure propagation of appropriate administrative skills to the managerial people across the globe working in the field of finance. This would help in developing the student’s intellectual ability with the foundation knowledge in the field finance. The program would further contribute in the advancement of the better business by offering a blend of knowledge of business and professionalism.
The primary aim of the programme is to:
- Develop an updated knowledge on both theory and analytical practice in national and international financial contexts.
- Strengthen the ability to apply the tools used for financial analysis and also in the decision making processes in corporations, financial institutions and other organizations.
- Demonstrate ability to apply appropriate innovative effective research techniques to form their own views on the lifelong learning and its application in practice.
- Develop an understanding of broad range of financial concepts and their application to a range of management and organizational contexts contributing to industry development.
- Prepare students for executive positions in financial field inculcating professionalism and entrepreneurial qualities.
A Masters in Finance could be a stepping stone to one of the most sought-after careers in the international business and finance sectors. Whatever the economic climate, there is always huge worldwide demand for experts in fields such as banking, fund management, multinational companies, securities firms and financial consultancy.
Our graduates work for
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- Investment Banking
- Money Management
- Real Estate
Minimum Duration: 18 Months.
Maximum Duration: 30 Months.
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name||Credits|
|1||MIF7011||Economics for Finance and Investment Analysis||3|
|3||MIF7013||Business Research Methodology||3|
|4||MIF7014||Financial Statement Analysis||3|
|5||MIF7024||Financial Markets and Institutions||3|
|6||MIF7021||Quantitative Methods For Decision Making||3|
|7||MIF7022||Securities, Futures and Options||3|
|8||MIF7023||Financial Regulation and Regulatory Policy||3|
|9||MIF7036||Approaches to Pricing Derivatives||3|
|10||MIF7031||Fixed Income and Equity Investment||3|
|11||MIF7032||Investment and Risk Management||3|
|12||MIF7033||Investment and Portfolio Management||3|
|13||MIF7034||Fundamentals for Islamic Finance||3|
|14||MIF7035||Financial Planning & Wealth Management||3|
Intake and Entry Requirements
- Degree (Level 7, MOH) in a field with a CGPA of at least 2.50 out of 4.00 or other qualification accepted by the Lincoln University College Senate; Or
- Bachelor’s Degree (Level 7, MOH) or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field.